Friday, September 25, 2009

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 9/25/09

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my Personal Learning Network (PLN). As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Clean Up the Classroom – tools for teachers that give classroom activities, lesson plans, games, and poster

Creative Thinking – “class lessons, films, and activities on plagiarism and copyright awareness for the classroom”

Storyline Online – online storytelling where actors read books

Crayola Digi-color – a neat program to use Crayola tools and draw pictures digitally. It is fun for children and adults (I know, because I played with this and loved it!)

MysteryNet’s Kid’s Mysteries – “Mysteries to solve, scary stories, and magic tricks” for kids

Original image: 'The Toolbox is Organized!' http://www.flickr.com/photos/95248808@N00/178177044 by: Dan Thompson

2 comments:

Kim R. said...

Change has arrived in fundraising. I came across a website www.raisewhileyousave.com (RWYS) the other day when looking into Green fundraising oppurtunities, as I am fed up with my kids going door 2 door and selling cookie dough and magazines. I looked into this new fundraising program which is helping parents Save Money while raising money.they are also helping great causes which don't have any budget to run a fundraiser, as they do all the work for you, by building you a webpage attached to thier website. Thier products are these really snazzy energy saving product kits, which can save parent $100's of dollars on those bills we all hate to open. I thought I would share this information as we could all do with a little extra cash during this economy Im sure. My friend who is a PTA mom is always complaining about the difficulty of getting new ideas, and the lack of interest they have in the same old boring fundraising oppurtunities. I think this is very clever, as the schools and community fundraisers, don't purchase anything, the kids don't need to do anything, the kits save money and help raise money, and apparently they even send the kits out to the parents home, so PTA moms like my friend no longer need to chase moms around the playground to tell them thier products are in the sports hall for collection. we've all been there. :)

loonyhiker said...

@Kim R Thanks for the link. It looks like an interesting program. Let me know how it turns out.