Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lincoln Through the Lens

I recently read Lincoln Through the Lens: How Photography Revealed and Shared an Extraordinary Life by Martin W. Sandler; Fall 2008 • Walker & Company • Non-fiction (middle-grade/YA). I found this book on The Picnic Basket and agreed to review it (I am not getting paid to do this).

I love books with pictures but especially ones with photos. This book about Lincoln had awesome photos. The only problem I had was the glare of overhead lights on the shiny pages so sometimes I would have to tilt the book certain ways to see the photos. This book not only tells the story about Lincoln, but also about the history of photography. I didn’t realize how Lincoln used photography to his own advantage. As I went through the book, I got a better feel for what Lincoln’s life was like. There were even some photos that I had never seen before. This book would be a great resource for students to use when researching information about Lincoln. I would give this book a rating of 5 (Strongly Recommend).

No comments: