Friday, February 6, 2009

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 02/06/09

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Quizlet – “Browse and use millions of flashcards created by other students and teachers, or create your own.”

Capzles – “combine videos, photos, blogs, and mp3s into rich, multimedia storylines.”

EasyBib - The Free Automatic Bibliography & Citation Maker

Newspaper Clipping Image Generator – make your own newspaper clipping

Mathematics in Movies – “This is a collection of movie clips in which Mathematics appears.”


Penny Ryder said...

Thanks again for sharing the links you find. As always you offer great stuff that we can use straight away. The newspaper one is perfect for a mini unit I'm starting this week on newspapers!

M-Dawg said...

Great links as usual.

My SPED co-teacher uses Quizlet with our students for review games. Our kids love it!

I forwarded the link for the Math in Movies to my Math teacher friend. It's a great link because our school blocks YouTube and this is a more creative way to show clips in the classroom.

Becky Herl said...

Great resources. Thanks for sharing. Math in movies was a site that I had not heard of yet. Will pass that on to our math teachers.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad y'all found the links useful. I love to hear which ones you liked and/or how it is being used in the classroom. Thanks for leaving your comments.