Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 1 of 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger

Steve Dembo of Teach42 has challenged us to be better bloggers in the next 30 days. I am always open to improvement and I think it also helps me be a model for my students or others that I am trying to influence. So, here I is my information for Day 1:

Who is the author of this blog and what is this blog all about? You can find this information if you click on the link "About Me." I do have a photo (which I didn't for a long time and decided that I needed to get over the paranoia about showing my face) and I also have contact information. I really get frustrated when I read some blogs and want to email the author about a question that I have and can't find out how to contact them. I have also added my twitter, plurk,

What the blog is all about is listed on the to where my title is. I think this immediately tells the reader whether this is a blog they want to invest time in. They don't have to search for this information by clicking a link or hunting through the text.

I feel pretty satisfied with my About page so I look forward to the Day 2 challenge.

photo credit: Original image: 'Rosie the Blogger' Mike Licht


SeanN. said...

Nice Rosie the blogger addition. Following Steve's blog led me to yours. Nice work. Keep it up!


David LaMorte said...

Your site has an about area, unlike steve dembo's site has a separate page. Did you have to approach the about page any differently?

loonyhiker said...

seann: glad you like Rosie! I liked your blog too and added it to my Google Reader.

loonyhiker said...

David: I added the text box on my side bar. Blogger allows you to add those things easily. I will also add a link to a more detailed page about me.