Sunday, December 31, 2023

Continuing with my crafts

Being stuck inside because it is cold has helped unleash some more creativity. I finished 2 projects yesterday.

I also continue to work on my crocheted mosaic blanket. I found out that if I only move the progress keeper every Monday, I see that I’m making progress. When I move it every day, it doesn’t seem like I’m doing much and I get discouraged. I think since I’ve been working on it these past 2 weeks, it has doubled in size.

I finished my watercolor painting of the American Goldfinch. It wasn’t as good as the Vermillion Flycatcher but I noticed I had trouble with the feathers on both of them. That is something I will need to practice.


I also finished my embroidery project. It is amazing how things get finished if I stick with them. I don’t know if I will do another one when I get back to SC (that’s where the material is). I may look at some of the free DMC patterns I downloaded to see if any of them inspire me.



No comments: