Friday, December 29, 2023

Bringing Out Old Projects

Yesterday I started with a new creative strategy. Two days ago I saw this YouTube video pop up in my feed about Morning Pages and it had me curious about them. I watched about 4 different videos on the subject after that and decided to give it a try. Yesterday was my first day and even though I didn’t have a notebook or journal, I used a spiral memo book that I had on hand. I had no trouble filling up 4 pages of it and I did it again today without any trouble. I guess today, I will go find a notebook to write in. 


Since it was rainy most of the day yesterday, I was stuck indoors so I decided to pull out my watercolor paints. I painted a Vermillion Flycatcher while watching the tutorial by Allison Lyons. It came out pretty good. 


Then after lunch, I looked for yarn for a shawl project I want to start in the New Year. I didn’t find any yarn I liked for the project so I’m glad I ordered 4 skeins from 4 different dyers and hope one of them will arrive soon. Instead of yarn, I found the embroidery project I thought I had left back in South Carolina and worked on it all afternoon. I enjoyed doing that also.  


I’m not sure if writing the morning pages helped me feel more creative or if I was just bored and wanted to do something different. I will keep doing them since I have enjoyed the two days that I’ve done so far. 


No comments: