Saturday, September 23, 2023

Knit-A-Way Retreat Day 2

After breakfast, we drove north along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a lovely drive and we stopped at several places to do a short hike/walk. We visited the Linn Cove Viaduct, Julian Price Park, and Moses Cone Park. The weather was cool and a little breezy but it was a beautiful day. We had a late lunch at the Anchor Diner in Spruce Pine.

When we returned to the lodge, I knit until dinner and Don relaxed in our room (watching TV and reading). I got to know some of the other knitters better. After dinner, we had our nightly meeting.

I won a door prize from Twice Sheared Sheep (Idaho) which was a bag of yarn, a row counter, and a project bag. Next, we had Show and Share (like a fashion show) and I was able to show off the mittens and socks that I designed.

It was a great day and I was in bed by 9:30.

 
Sunrise

 
hiking to an overlook

 
Linn Cove Viaduct

 
Julian Price Park

Moses Cone Park

Original photos by Pat Hensley



No comments: