Thursday, May 5, 2022

Converge Autism Summit 2022

Last week I attended the Converge Autism Summit in Greenville, SC. It was a wonderful conference and I highly recommend going to it. I can’t wait until next year to learn some more.

Here are the sessions I attended:
  • Working in a system - Why can’t we get it right by Dr. Brandon Clark.
  • Autism and Happiness: From Neurodiversity to Neuroharmony by Peter Vermeulen. He was an extremely entertaining and knowledgeable speaker.
  • Life Animated by Ron Suskind. He is a famous journalist whose son was diagnosed with autism. He shares about his family’s journey through this experience.
  • Autism: Dispelling Myths by Dr. Matthew Fisher
  • Context Blindness, Absolute Thinking in a Relative World by Peter Vermeulen. I would love to hear him in other sessions!
  • You Can’t Make Me: Proactive Strategies for Positive Behavioral Change by Jim Ball
  • The Use of Video Modeling for Learners with Autism by Jim Ball
  • Techniques to Assist Children in Crisis by Dr. Brandon Clark, Peter Vermeulen, Dr. William Killion, and Dr. Matthew Fisher.
  • The Way I See It: A Personal Look at Autism and Aspergers by Temple Grandin
I will be writing up my notes and sharing the information that I learned so please check back next week to see what I learned.

No comments: