Tuesday, June 2, 2020

2020 Goals Review for May

We were in Florida for the whole month of May and was told to stay “sheltered in place” so we couldn’t go anywhere or do anything. The parks were not open and it wasn’t safe to walk in the neighborhood. When the parks did open up for exercise, it was too hot to go out. We did a lot of work on the house and used the time to try to finalize Probate on the estate. I didn’t work too much on any of my goals this month and would give myself an F if I had to grade myself.

1.     Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – I was really bad and didn’t watch my sugar level or steps this month. My step
2020
10,000 Steps +
25g of sugar or less
Jan
48%
54%
Feb
66%
38%
Mar
77%
45%
Apr
70%
47%
May
19%
52%
2.     Crafts – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 25 completed already. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 3 of the project.)
                                                        i.     Completed 6 squares
b.     Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.
                                                        i.     January – prayer shawl completed
                                                      ii.     February – prayer shawl completed
c.     Knit a sweater.  – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater
d.     Knit a ZigZag scarf – Completed
e.     Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.
3.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature. – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.
a.     The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts 
b.     A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall
c.     The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims
d.     The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir
e.     The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.


No comments: