Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Gratitude


In If every day were Thanksgiving from Seth Godin's Blog, Seth Godin shares,

“Gratitude creates a positive cycle of more gratitude.”

I have a bullet journal and I write down one thing that I’m grateful for every day. I know I have more than one thing to be thankful for but by writing down at least one thing each day, it helps me be mindful of how blessed I am.

It is easy to whine and complain about things that you are unhappy about. Looking at the bad things seem to come easy. Even news media finds that negative news gets more attention than positive news.

I have found out that when I think negatively, I feel negative and I tend to act negatively.

If I have a positive outlook, I feel positive, and I act more positively.

One way to have a positive outlook is by having gratitude. I am thankful for what I have, what I’ve tried to do, and what I’ve accomplished. I’m also thankful for what others have given me or done for me. Many people have been there to help me accomplish the things I’ve done and where I am today.

I want my students to know how to be grateful for the little things. I want them to see how the little things add up and can affect the big things in their lives. I want them to learn how to be grateful and be more positive in their lives.

I can have my students keep a notebook and every day they can write down one thing they are grateful for.

I can have my students write about one of the things on their list and explain why they are grateful for it.

I can have my students share this writing with a small group or whole class.

How do you teach your students to have gratitude? Please share.

Photo by Freshh Connection on Unsplash

No comments: