Thursday, August 29, 2019

My Summer Reading


In What Am I Reading? from Ideas and Thoughts, Dean Shareski asks,
“What are you reading, outside of education specific books that you think relate well to education?”

This summer I worked on my yearly goal of reading nonfiction biography books.
I read The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King. This book was excellent! I learned a lot about Mr. Rogers that I didn’t know about. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who remembers Mr. Rogers.

I also read Small Fry by Lisa Brennan-Jobs. This book was okay but a little depressing. I didn’t realize what kind of person Steve Jobs was and it was sad about his relationship with his daughter.

I read The Farmer’s Son: Calving Season on a Family Farm by John Connell. This was very interesting and seeing the farm from an individual’s perspective made it a great read.

I also read a couple of nonfiction books that were not biographies.

I read The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron. It was interesting and I am trying to incorporate some of the ideas into my life.

I also read Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling, Ola Rosling,  and Anna Rosling Rönnlund. There were a lot of interesting statistics but I found it to be a little dry.

It would be fun to have students share an interesting book, article, or movie that they have seen. Have them explain why they enjoyed it.

What have you read this summer? Please share.

Photo by Nicole Honeywill on Unsplash





No comments: