Monday, July 15, 2019

My Father



My father passed away on the morning of  July 11, 2019. He lived a long and happy life. His age will always be unknown because when he was born in China, they didn't have birth certificates.  Social Security says he was 98. My father told me that he was 99. My sister says he was 101 and my cousin says he was 104. His age is really not important other than he lived a long and fruitful life. He taught me that it is important to stay active, stay positive, live wisely, and love every moment of life that God gives you. We will truly miss him. We love you and will miss you Pa!



3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--I am so, so sorry for your loss. You've written about your dad over the years... I know he has left a huge void. However, writing about him will keep his memory and spirit alive.

Have you considered writing a memoir, with vignettes about him, or a book about his life (as you know it)? Or have you already started one? You have led an interesting life so far--lots of traveling part of it--and certainly your dad's story would be compelling...

Just an idea. It could be just a book for your family, although other people (like me) would be interested as well.

Again, you have my sympathy.

doug0077 said...

My deepest sympathies for your loss. My father has been gone for 20 years but I still think of him nearly every day. Your post was a very nice tribute. Doug

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--I thought I left a comment, but I guess I messed it up.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You've written about your father over the years, so I know he's left a huge void. However, when you write about him, you keep his memory and his spirit alive.

Would you consider writing your father's story (if you haven't already)? Or write his story and your story and how they intertwine... I'm just sayin'.