Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Deep Reflection

In 5 Questions for Deeper Reflection from  @DavidGeurin Blog,  David Geurin shares,

“Reflection is important for growth. But we have to be intentional about it. Our reflection is meaningless unless we do something with it. It has to change us. Or, it has to help us change directions. Effective people are reflective people.”

I like to reflect on the things I’ve done because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I like to think about the things I’ve accomplished during the day and what I need to do the next day. The main questions that I ask myself at the end of each day are:

1.     What have I accomplished today?
2.     What did I not do that I wanted to do today?
3.     Why did I not do those things?
4.     What do I need to do tomorrow?
5.     What would I do differently if I could do today over?
6.     Did I get enough exercise today?
7.     Did I eat healthy today?
8.     How can I make tomorrow even better?

At first, I used to keep this list handy and at the end of each day, I would write in a journal about my day. I would answer these questions and seeing my answers in writing helped me get a better picture of my day. Eventually answering these questions became a habit and I no longer need the list of questions as a prompt for my reflection.

I feel that these reflections have made me more effective and efficient in my life. I feel happier than I would be if I didn’t reflect on my day. I also think my attitude about my life is noticeable to others and this helps them see me as an effective person also.

Do you reflect on your day? If so, please share.

Photo by Jeremy Vessey on Unsplash







No comments: