Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Free Web Tech Tools For Next Level Learning

Last week I attended the Upstate Technology Conference which I think is the best in our state, the whole east coast, and probably the United States! (I’m a little partial, can you tell?) I’m going to share some of my notes over the next few days. I hope you find them helpful!


Free Web Tech Tools For Next Level Learning

“Evaluate various Digital Tools and resources that focus on communication, collaboration, creativity & critical thinking across content areas including Math, Science, Foreign Language & the Arts. - Determine how to appropriately integrate Digital Tools into their own classroom instruction. - Experience various types of Digital Tools for teacher, student and parent use. - Learn effective strategies for implementing Digital Tools into a classroom setting.”

Presenter: Krynica Drake (@APSITKrynica)



Free Powerpoint - Pete’s Powerpoint station http://www.pppst.com/

free pictures –
pulp –o- mizer – customized pulp magazine cover
Freckle - https://www.freckle.com/; “Freckle empowers teachers to differentiate instruction across Math, ELA, Social Studies and Science.”

Prodigy - https://Prodigygame.com; ‘free, curriculum-aligned math game for Grades 1 - 8.”

Whooos Reading  - accelerated reader on crack; open-ended up questions.


Merge Cube - $1 at Walmart; augmented reality

My Take Away: I learned about a lot of different tools that would help accommodate individual differences in the classroom. There are many web tools not listed here but are in the presentation. The presentation was excellently done and made me excited about trying some of these new things out!

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: