Saturday, June 16, 2018

Heat Survival

I have to admit that it is hotter than Hades here and it is just the beginning of summer. Now, I know I’ve whined about the cold and I’ve whined about the rain but now is time to whine about the heat. I do a lot of praying lately and I’m continuously thanking God for my air conditioning! This had me thinking about how we need to take care of ourselves during this heat. Here are some suggestions when the heat outside gets rough!

Drink a lot of liquids. I wouldn’t just drink water though because this may cause you to get rid of too many minerals. When this happens to me, I start getting muscle cramps, so I drink either Gatorade or Powerade.

Look for shade. If you have to stand outside, find a shady spot. The strength of the sun can be rough without realizing it.

Wear a hat. Keeping your head cooler helps just like it helps in the winter.

If you can’t afford the air conditioning, go to places that have it like the mall or a department store and walk around there during the heat of the day.

Head to the mountains or higher elevations. That is why we like going camping in the mountains. The humidity is lower and the temperatures are cooler.

Wear sunblock! Protect your skin!

If you are going to be out in the sun for long periods, wear a lightweight long sleeve shirt and light nylon pants to protect your skins.

Go to a pool and submerge in the water!

What suggestions would you add to help heat survival? Please share.

Picture courtesy of Pixabay






No comments: