Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Newsletter 2017

We have had a wonderful year and though I’m sad to see it end, I look forward to all the new adventures we will have next year!

We didn’t do a lot of traveling at the beginning of the year because I taught a Furman course for the spring term. This tied us down and kept us closer to home. I don’t think I want to teach any more during the fall or spring because I worried that something would happen to my parents and I would have to miss class. I did teach my July graduate course though and really enjoyed it.

I had some health issues this year but it all ended well. What I thought was a major heart problem, the heart catheterization showed I had a good heart. All I have is angina which is easily treated with medication. What a relief!

I’m still enjoying my crafting! I love knitting and spinning the most. I also crochet prayer shawls for the church charity. I sold my first knitting design pattern and was pretty excited about it. It was named after my oldest sister, Betsy. I also put a bunch of my handspun yarn up for sale in my Etsy store.

We did some camping this year but not as much as I would have liked to do. We went to the Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage in Gatlinburg again. I love hiking and taking photos that week! We also went to our first Fiberglass RV Rally and met others who had a camper like ours. We had such a great time that we reserved a spot for next year!

We were able to get 3 cruises in this year. In May, we went with our daughter and son-in-law on the Carnival Magic. Then in August we went on the MSC Divina again. Right after we got back, hurricanes hit our favorite islands and caused major disasters there! It may take years before they are back to normal again. In November, we did a last-minute cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Charleston. It was a 10 days journeys cruise and it was even better than I expected!

We ended up the year by heading to Disney World again. We really enjoy the parks so we bought an annual pass and will be going often over the next year. It is fun to be a little kid again.

I hope this holiday season finds you and your family in good health and good spirits!




No comments: