Tuesday, July 25, 2017

My Full Half

In Teach Happier Strategy #22: Identify What’s in the Full Half of Your Glass. from Success In the Classroom,  Sam talks about looking at your glass and deciding if it is half full or half empty and he challenges,

“Identify What’s in the Full Half of Your Glass.”

I have always tried to be a positive person because I feel my attitude can have a big impact on my daily living. So, I have always tried to look at the “full half of my glass.
I try to be thankful for what I have instead of concentrating on the things I don’t have. So, I would like to share with you my “full half.”

I’m happily married to the man of my dreams. I’m not saying we haven’t struggled at times, or argued, or disagreed but I think our marriage has been made stronger because of our tough times.

I had the job of my dreams. I had wanted to be a teacher ever since I can remember learning how to read. Every year my desire became stronger and stronger. Each year I was in school, I observed my teachers and learned what kind of teacher I wanted to be. I knew what qualities made me want to learn and to be a better person but I also learned what qualities I didn’t admire in a teacher.

I now teach for the university and share my passion for teaching. By doing this, I stay aware of current trends and strategies. I love keeping on top of new technology that is available for the students of today. I feel like a make a difference and that is important to me.

I went to the college of my dreams. Ever since I was in 6th grade and we visited Furman University, I knew I wanted to go there. I would do everything in my power to get there! I was proud to get an undergraduate and a graduate degree from there.

I have a family who I know loves and supports me. Even though some family members are living far away, I know they are there for me and I think they know I am there for them.

I surround myself with people who are also happy and satisfied with their lives. I don’t let negative people get me done either in person or on social media. I refuse to allow them in my life.

We are happily retired and loving every minute of it. We have traveled to places we have wanted to go, gone to places we didn’t even know existed, and met tons of people who we are happy to now call friends.

As I look at my life, I can’t imagine changing one thing if I had the ability to do so. Maybe I’m naïve and simplistic, but I don’t care because I’m happy.

What’s in your Full Half? Please share.

No comments: