Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sharing Too Much

In How Much to Corral? From Sioux's Page, Sioux asks,

“How do you decide what to keep to yourself and what to keep on paper?”

I tend to share way too much according to my husband! I like to share what we are doing or where we are traveling to with others. Some people share the same interest or have been to where we are going and can suggest interesting things to see and do there.

I do not share information like phone numbers and addresses online with people unless it is in a private message. I think sharing stuff like that is just plain creepy unless you are making arrangements to meet someone.

I also don’t share stories about people that I wouldn’t say to their face. I feel like nothing is private once it is shared so I want to know if it gets back to the person, they won’t feel uncomfortable about my sharing the story. I usually let that person know I was talking about them too.

In our house, we have this saying that if we have nothing nice to say, don’t say it at all. I usually follow this unless it is a rant about a company that I think is worth sharing with others. I would want to know this information as a fellow consumer and if someone has problems with a company that I might use or buy from, I want to know about it.

My husband worries about my sharing about our travels so he hopes that I wait at least until we return before telling people about where we went. I usually do that unless I post a picture without any indication about where we are. Then if someone asks me about it, I will send them a private message.

What do you share with others online or in private? Please share.

1 comment:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--I think it's a man vs. woman thing. Men are more close-mouthed (most of them). Women like to connect with other people... hence the sharing.

You can always post pictures of your trip and act like you're back home--so that burglars don't find your post that says, "Here we are--on vacation"--and then stop by to help themselves to your things. (Isn't that what he's worried about?)

Thanks for the shout-out. I appreciate it.