Last week was the 2nd week of Summer Learning Place 2015.
A lot of interesting things happened this week and we had some struggles but overall, it was a good week.
Here are some things I’ve learned this week:
- I love hearing from the parents that the students love coming here.
- The oldest students (middle school ages) are not that thrilled about being here but every year this is the same. The students may change but the attitude hasn’t.
- The teachers are learning that they can make a big difference in a short amount of time.
- When setting up a blog, it is important to set the right time zone.
- I have learned some interesting teaching strategies from my teachers.
- Making weekly reports with fun and interesting graphics can be challenging.
- Magic can happen when you only have a class of 8 students with 2 teachers!