Tuesday, July 21, 2015

SCCEC CAN Coordinator

This past weekend we had a South Carolina Exceptional Children’s meeting and I was appointed as the Governmental Relations Chair and Child and Youth Action Network Coordinator.

I’m so excited to be serving in this capacity again because I served as this years ago.

I have some goals that I want to meet this year.

I want to keep the membership aware of national, state, and local issues. I want to send out an email biweekly.

I want to notify the membership when we need to take action for advocacy.

I want to present a session at our state convention on how to better advocate for our students.

I really look forward to being more involved in the organization. If you aren’t a member of Council for Exceptional Children and you are teaching special education classes,  I really encourage you to join. If you are a member, I encourage you to get more involved on the local and state levels.



No comments: