April was an awesome month for me goal wise! I had a very productive month and tried to stay on course.
1. Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – My weight went up and down about a half a pound every week.
Finish knitting my Fair Isle vest. – I
finished my vest and I love it!
3. Spin 4 lbs. of fiber for the year.
a. January – spun 4 oz. of Into the Whirled “Rhinebeck”, 4 oz. Hobbledehoy Gemmy Bats
b. February – spun 4 oz. of Fiber Optic “Turquoise to Tangerine Gradient”; started on 4 oz. of Pumpkin Queen.
c. March – spun 4 oz. of Miss Bab’s “Blackwatch” that I bought in 2011.
d. April – spun 5.4 oz. of Loop’s Bullseye Bump in the “Somewhere” colorway and 4 oz. of Highland Handmades Mashan fiber in the “Talbot” colorway.
Total: 25.4 oz.
4. Use at least 4 skeins of my handspun this year. –
a. January - Basket Weave scarf
b. February – Summer Shadows shawl by Angelea McGarrah
c. March – working on the Oaklet Shawl
d. April – Oaklet Shawl
Dye my own yarn or fiber – dyed some KnitPicks
fingering yarn in indigo
6. Walk at least 1200 miles this year.
a. January - 157.71 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
b. February - 148.34 miles (avg. 5.3 miles per day)
c. March - 182.63 miles (5.9 miles per day) I’m really happy with the mileage I got this month!
d. April - 181.6 miles (6.1 miles per day) I really rocked on my mileage and my daily average this month!
Daily/Weekly/Monthly goals: Last year, I only had a 60% successful completion rate so I am aiming to do better than that this year.
1. Daily – Name 3 things that I’m grateful for each morning. – I do this every morning before I get out of bed.
2. Daily – A Photo A Day project – I’ve kept up with this and really enjoy the comments and suggestions I have gotten. I enjoy looking at other people’s pictures too.
3. Weekly – Contact a friend and tell them something nice. – I really like doing this.
a. January - I went out to lunch with my friend Sandy one week and I’ve contacted others through Facebook.
b. February - Contacted long distance friends on Facebook and wished them happy birthday!
c. March – kept up with friends on social networking and tried to schedule lunch with my friends Sandy and Sylvia but they were either going out of town or having to work.
d. April - Contacted some friends but couldn’t ever work out a day we could meet for lunch.
4. Weekly – Work in my yard/garden at least once a week.
a. January - It has been too cold in January to do too much but I’ve blown the leaves out of the driveway, raked leaves in the back yard, and fed my worms.
b. February – raked leaves out of the backyard, removed branches that have littered the yard.
c. March – weeded, cut dead stuff from winter, fertilized the lawn
d. April – weeded and edged my flower beds, set up 2 new rain barrels, dug out rusty pole in concrete which was in the middle of the lawn.
5. Monthly – Knit 10 squares on my Mitered Square Sock Yarn blanket. (Total 120 for the year)
a. January – completed 10 squares
b. February – completed 15 squares
c. March – completed 11 squares
d. April – completed 11 squares
Total - 47
6. Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month. I really enjoyed doing this last year and it forced me to read books out of my comfort zone.
a. January – The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
b. February - The Roosevelts: An Intimate History by Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns
c. March – Publish on Amazon Kindle by Kindle Direct Publishing
d. April – The History of Hand Knitting by Richard Rudd
How are you doing so far with your goals? Join me in the monthly review and let me know how you are doing!