Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage 2015 Day 1

(This is part 1 of 4 posts about the Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage 2015)

Last week my husband and I attended the Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage in Gatlinburg, TN. We go to this every year because I learn something new each time! The registration was $75 per person and we stayed at the Microtel Inn ($44.95/night). We arrived on Tuesday and left on Saturday afternoon.

Here are the pictures that I took during the week.

Here is the list of flora and fauna that we saw this year.

Since we got into town early, we did 3 short hikes. We went to Cataract Falls, did the Gatlinburg Trail and then the Sugarlands Valley Nature Trail. We also drove up to Newfound Gap and looked at the view.

Then around 5pm, we went to register. When I got my packet at Registration, there was only 1 registration packet so I had to go stand in the other line to get it straightened out. About 30 minutes later I got my husband’s packet. I’m so glad I brought my receipt showing that I paid!

Things I Learned:
  1. Bring your receipt to registration even if you think you won’t have a problem.
  2. Leave home early in case you run into traffic (there was a bad accident along the way.)
  3. Go to the Italian restaurant early to avoid lines. 
Come back tomorrow to hear how Day 2 went!

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: