January was a pretty good start of the year concerning my goals.
1. Reach my target weight by the end of the year. – I’ve lost some weight in January.
Finish knitting my Fair Isle vest. – I
finished my vest and I love it!
3. Spin 4 lbs. of fiber for the year.
a. January – spun 4 oz. of Into the Whirled “Rhinebeck”, 4 oz. Hobbledehoy Gemmy Bats
Total: 8 oz.
4. Use at least 4 skeins of my handspun this year. –
a. January - Basket Weave scarf
5. Dye my own yarn or fiber. (rolled over from last year)
6. Walk at least 1200 miles this year.
a. January - 157.71 miles (avg. 5.1 miles per day)
1. Daily – Name 3 things that I’m grateful for each morning. – I do this every morning before I get out of bed.
2. Daily – A Photo A Day project – I’ve really enjoyed doing this every day.
3. Weekly – Contact a friend and tell them something nice. – I really like doing this. I went out to lunch with my friend Sandy one week and I’ve contacted others through facebook.
4. Weekly – Work in my yard/garden at least once a week. – It has been too cold in January to do too much but I’ve blown the leaves out of the driveway, raked leaves in the back yard, and fed my worms.
5. Monthly – Knit 10 squares on my Mitered Square Sock Yarn blanket.
a. January – completed 10 squares
6. Monthly - Read one non-fiction book every month. I really enjoyed doing this last year and it forced me to read books out of my comfort zone.
a. January – The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
How are you doing so far with your goals? Join me in the monthly review and let me know how you are doing!