Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Heart Hurts

pakistanThis week I heard about the school in Pakistan that was attacked. I’m not writing this based on my political views but from my view as a mother and a teacher. My heart hurts. It hurts for the students and the families. It makes me wonder if these people will be filled with bitterness and hatred and perpetuate this violence. I know that I would be angry and I don’t blame them for being angry. But monsters know that the way to get to most people is through children. Will our schools now have a kneejerk reaction and start increasing securing at our schools? Will children be afraid to come to school in fear that someday their school may be attacked? Where does it all end? Doing away with guns is not the answer because as long as there are monsters out there, violence will happen. I don’t have any answers. I just know that my heart hurts. Please keep all children and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

“Caption: The uncle and cousin of injured student Mohammad Baqair comfort him as he mourns the death of his mother, a teacher who was killed in the attack.” – photo from CNN site

No comments: