1. Bring a water bottle that you can refill at water fountains.
2. Granola bars or other high energy snacks would be good to have. Sunscreen if you burn easily too.
3. Pick a designated spot to meet in case your party gets separated. We never had to go there but it is good to have a plan just in case.
4. Go to local Walmart and buy your Disney souvenirs there.
5. Look for a hotel on Hwy 192 which is near Disney.
1. We went to ride the major rides as soon as we got there.
2. First though, we went and got a Fastpass for a future ride. Then we rode the ride and could ride it again. Soarin and Test Track were the big rides there. There are still many of the same rides and shows that were here from 20 years ago.
3. Of course the World Showcase is always interesting to learn about other countries.
4. Buy 1 meal and split it between 2 people because the portions are large.
5. Buy a bottle of soda outside the restaurant because you get more for your money in a bottle than in a cup filled with ice.
Animal Kingdom -
1. The first thing we rode on was the roller coaster at Expedition Everest - legend of the Forbidden Mountain. There was an excellent display of information about climbing Mt. Everest. It was very educational.
2. I saw a lot of live animals. The safari ride was amazing!
3. We also enjoyed taking the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We looked through a glass window at a lot of insects and spiders. The staff person there gave explanations about each animal in their cases. She explained a lot about the tarantulas and how they breed. We also learned about Walking Sticks and Katydid. There was a button on the wall that would allow you to talk to her and ask questions.
4. The best thing I think here was the show Finding Nemo - The Musical. It was an awesome show and if you ever have a chance to see it, it is worth the time. My husband who is not a fan of musicals really enjoyed this.
Hollywood Studios -
1. We had a good time here and it brought back a lot of memories. The last time we were here was about 20 years ago and it was interesting how many of the shows were the same.
2. Rockin’ Roller Coaster with Aerosmith and Hollywood Tower of Terror were the major rides for us here.
3. Toy Story was a busy interactive ride so getting a Fastpass helped rather than waiting in line for over an hour.
4. The Lights Motors Action! Stunt show was awesome.
5. Lunch at the Commissary was reasonable.
6. Beauty and the Beast was a great show.
Magic Kingdom -
1. if we only had time for 1 park, this would be the one we would go to.
2. Space Mountain, People Mover, and the Carousel of Progress will always be memorable.
3. It was just fun to walk around and see the different characters.
4. The New Fantasyland opened up this month and we were disappointed. There wasn’t much there because it is still under construction. The crowd was outrageous and the line for The Little Mermaid was two hours long so we got a Fastpass and came back later. The Fastpass for this ride was a 15 minute walk from the ride and this caused the crowd to make a bottleneck jam. The Belle ride was broken all day and we never got to go to that.
5. The castle of course was beautiful all day long whether in broad daylight or at night when it was lit up.
6. Tall Tale Inn and Café - in Frontierland; Taco Salad where beef comes in a tortilla bowl. Then you go to the salad bar and fill it will lots of good toppings.
Have you been to Disney World? If so, what other advice would you give? Please share.