In Make a List of Good Things You Did This Year Before You Forget Them from I Want to Teach Forever, Mr. D states,
“I suggest that you take some time right around the end of your school year to make your own list. It should include positive impacts you had on students but also any other successes you've had.”
Mr. D is so right. Too many times we focus on the negatives and what we haven’t done or failed at. Every now and then we need to look at our accomplishments and successes. I thought this was a great idea and decided to list some things I’ve done this year.
1. Become active in the Red Cross and I’m part of a Disaster Action Team (DAT) that is on call every 6 weeks for local disasters.
2. Knit a sweater for myself.
3. Learned to spin on a spinning wheel (and I’m loving it!)
4. Bought a new camera and learning to take better pictures. I joined two Photo A Day groups and it helps me to look at other people’s pictures.
5. Learned to add beads to my knitting.
6. Started to practice a running routine on my treadmill.
7. Enclosed our side porch into a sun room.
8. Tried a new recipe every week to improve my cooking skills.
9. Became a volunteer with school groups at our local state park. I take school groups on hikes in the park.
10. Making prayer shawls and leprosy bandages with my church group for charities.
11. Learned to videocast and I try to do it at least once a month for my blog.
12. Opened my own Etsy store to sell my crafts.
What have you accomplished this year or even lately? Please share. You might inspire others with your accomplishments.