Monday, September 5, 2011

Scary School - A Book Review

SCARY SCHOOLI recently read the book Scary School by Derek the Ghost and illustrated by Scott M. Fischer which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I would give this book 5 out of 5. I thought it was a great book for upper elementary school and middle school. This would be a perfect book for October book clubs in the classroom. I think it would also be a fun book to read aloud to a class. It also is a book full of great vocabulary and puns to use for a language arts lesson. Social skills can be discussed when talking about differences in the world (as shown by the different children and their abilities in the book). I would highly recommend this for classrooms and libraries.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: