Here are 7 things about me:
1. I love to knit. I have knit a bunch of socks which I find relaxing and fun. Now I am learning to spin my own yarn on a drop spindle. Maybe one day I will have my own spinning wheel. I hope this year to knit some sweaters for myself.
2. I love to travel with my husband. We have been all over the US, Paris, London, China, and Italy so far. I’ve been to 48 out of 50 states. I’m still missing Wisconsin and Hawaii. We hoped to go to Glacier National Park this summer but with the gas prices skyrocketing, we may wait for another year. We would love to visit all of the national parks before we die.
3. We recently joined the Red Cross as volunteers. I am excited about all the opportunities to help others in times of disasters. We are taking all of the training we can get so we will be prepared if they deploy us to a disaster.
4. I have been retired for almost 4 years from teaching and loving every minute of it. I’m able to do all those things I never had time to do when I was working. This includes giving presentations about educational tools, taking classes and learning about new things that interest me, and seeing people I haven’t made time for because I was too busy.
5. My favorite movie is To Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. I love it so much I was thrilled when we moved to our little town which is a lot like the town in the book.
6. Spring is my favorite season! I love to go hiking in the spring and watch the wildflowers come up for a fresh new start. I love the greenness of everything after a spring rain. I love the way the earth is coming alive!
7. I got my ham radio license (Technician) last June and just passed the test to upgrade it to the General class this month. I am enjoying learning about a new hobby and how it can be used in times of emergencies. Maybe we will be able to incorporate this new hobby with our volunteer work at the Red Cross.
Now, please tell me about you!
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).