Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rocky Road - A Book Review

RockyRoadI recently read the book Rocky Road by Rose Kent which was mentioned on The Picnic Basket. This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review):

I would give this book 4 out of 5. The book deals with issues that many students face and can relate to. I really felt frustration, despair, and anger for the main character of the book. At first I thought that students would find this depressing but then I realized that many of them could actually relate a lot to Tess and not feel so alone. I’m glad that things worked out well for her which gives hope for others who may read this book. This would be a great book for students to read who are facing many of the same issues. Topics for a class discussion could include: being a new student, deafness, bipolar disorder, elderly people, ice cream, creativity, interior design, peer mediation, and relationships. It would be great for middle school or even high school students.

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

No comments: