Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Special Super Power

flyingIn Super Powers from So You Want To Teach?, Joel asks,

“ if you had one super power, what would it be? How would you use it? Discuss in the comments…”

If I could only have one super power, I would want it to be able to fly like superman.

I love to travel so I would be able to see the world and go anywhere I wanted to go. I wouldn’t have to worry about paying for my luggage on a plane or going through security or worrying about my plane crashing.

I would be able to visit relatives whenever I wanted to because time would not even be an issue.

I could enjoy hiking because I would know that I could go as far as I want and if I got tired, I could just fly back. If someone got hurt, I would be able to fly them home or to a hospital. We wouldn’t have to worry about a shuttle and could do so many more one way hikes.

If we went tubing in the river, I would be able to fly to the beginning and float back to my car.

I would save on gas by not having to worry about using the car.

I would also be able to bring my students on field trips to anywhere in the world and they wouldn’t have to worry about the cost.

I just hope that I wouldn’t be scared of heights…

Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).

Original image: 'Flying High....'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66164549@N00/2334005733 by: Keven Law

2 comments:

M-Dawg said...

I would travel anywhere in the world during the summer breaks.

Would also like to take my students on field trips all over the world if money wasn't an option (most of my students come from poor families and have never traveled anywhere).

:-)

Sioux Roslawski said...

You listed such great things you could do with the ability to fly like Superman. Instead of saying, "Ditto," which is what I'd like to do, I would like to be able to spin a web like Spiderman.

I could spin a web around people who hurt children, and never untangle them...

I could throw some sticky threads around people's mouths (the ones who talk too much in meetings because they love the sound of their voice).

I would cast so many webs across the entrance to puppy mills (Missouri---the #1 state when it comes to number of puppy mills) that they'd all have to close down.

People who are racist or sexist...they'd get caught in my web and would have to flounder a while, getting stickier and stickier trying to escape.

(If I had more knowledge about superpowers, I might have been more creative...Alas, the comic books I read chronicled Archie and Veronica and Jughead...)