“What “word” will you live in 2010?”
It has taken me two weeks to decide what my word would be. I wanted it to be something that I can focus on and have it help guide my actions each day. I wanted it to be a word that I can stick on my mirror and see every day. I wanted a word that would mean something to me and then, it finally hit me. I found it! I found the word that I want to live in 2010.
Drum roll please…my word is…
According to the Merriam-Webster Online, cherish means “to hold dear : feel or show affection for”
This year I want to hold many things dear because if I know that they are dear, I want to appreciate them more. I don’t ignore or hide things that I cherish. I want to share with others the things that I cherish because they are important to me.
Here are some of the things I cherish and hope to focus on them this year. They are not in any particular importance but rather in the order as they pop into my mind.
· Cherish my family because I don’t know how long I will be able to let them know how much I cherish them.
· Cherish my friends because good friends are hard to find.
· Cherish the new things that I learn each day.
· Cherish the opportunities that present themselves to connect with others.
· Cherish the opportunities to share my knowledge and experience about education.
· Cherish the wonderful serendipitous events that happen to me because they happen often in my life and I don’t always take the time to appreciate them.
So what word will you live in 2010?
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).
Original image: 'Thoughts...'