Friday, January 18, 2008

Useful Information for In and Out of the Classroom 01/18/08

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found interesting this week. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Roadside America - most of our kids (and some of us) are not aware of what is around our country. This is a great way to explore!

Instructional Strategies Online - great explanation and clarification of strategies that teachers use

There’s No Practice Like Best Practice: Making Sense of the Research, Recommendations,and Rhetoric of Professional Teaching - How many times have we asked ourselves what "best practice" means?

8 Essential Strategies to Saying “No” - I don't know about you, but I am really bad about overcommitting myself to everything!

Learning & The Brain: interview with Robert Sylwester

No comments: