Friday, January 4, 2008

Useful Information for In and Out of the Classroom 01/04/08

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found interesting this week. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Gosh Beav, How Do I Maintain Discipline? – I saw this in NYC educator’s blog and loved the video. It is a black and white video from many (and I do mean many) years ago that demonstrates classroom discipline. The funny thing is that the points still apply to today’s classroom.

The Newseum – an interactive news museum. I visited the actual Newseum when it was in Arlington, VA. I can’t wait until the new one opens in Washington DC some time in 2008. Until this, this site has some fun things to explore.

The future of education (Part 1 and Part 2) is discussed in the DeHavilland Blog. Interesting statistics were given about education that really makes you think about where education is today.

Classtools: make your own free flashgames for educators. I haven’t used this yet but I will keep it in my “toolbox” for future use.

No comments: