Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sock Madness 18 Rounds 1 and 2

I just finished my socks for Round 2 and submitted them. Now I’m just waiting to see if it was approved.

I love a good challenge and my friend, Patte, says I’m product-oriented. So, I like getting something finished even if I dislike the process of getting there.

I’ve learned a lot of new skills and techniques so I’m happy I gave it a try. It is a free challenge so I had nothing to lose. I made 3 pairs of socks over 24 days which really surprised me. Of course, I didn’t do anything else that needed to be done. After I finished each pair of socks, I had some free days before the next round so I tried to catch up on some things.

Now, I think I’m over the challenge and will step back if my socks are accepted. There may have been some mistakes and I just don’t have it in me to knit another pair of them and hope I don’t make another mistake. If I do move to the next round, I’m not sure I want to spend the time making another pair of socks that doesn’t fit anyone I know. The required size is turning out to be so huge. I’m ready to knit something fo myself that I can wear.

Here are socks from Round 1 and Round 2:




No comments: