Monday, July 10, 2023

Zombie Knitpocalypse 2023

Click here for pictures.

I had an amazing time at the Zombie Knitpocalypse (ZK)! It was good to see old friends and make new ones.

We got there early on Wednesday and I helped pack up the goodie bags. For lunch, Don led 7 of us to the Mayo Clinic cafeteria where we had a healthy lunch. After lunch, I sat in the ballroom and knit with others until registration opened at 3 pm.

I taught a class on Thursday morning (Low Impact Exercises for Crafters) which was well received. At 11 am, I had my designer showcase session where I was able to show off the patterns that I designed myself. Before I showed them, I held a South Carolina trivia game where the winner won a free pattern of their choice from my shop. Then at 2 pm, Pam and I helped Susan with the Bingo game. There were 100 people there! In the evening we had the photo booth where my twin and I (we both knit the Collins Tee) took photos and my other twin, Pam (the PatPam duo) took pictures too. Of course, we had to get one with Susan too!

On Friday, we did the 5K. At 11:30 I took the Flower Power class and learned a new flower stitch. I hope I can incorporate that in a future pattern. Then the Doodle Demo class was next and we were given a small kit to make cup cozies. During downtime, I went to the yarn truck rodeo and bought some yarn, and attended other people’s designer showcases. At 5 pm, we had the stitch marker swap and then at 5:30, we took the group photo. The hosts (Amy and Megan) took the teachers and the keynote speaker out to dinner at Victoria's. I had pasta with garlic and clams which was yummy! At 8 pm, Vincent Williams Jr. was our keynote speaker and he was great!

On Saturday, Don and I went to Pannekoeken for breakfast. Then the yarn market was open at 10 am for retreat participants. I bought more yarn than I needed but it was fun. 5:30 pm was the closing ceremony and I helped give out door prizes. Then at 8 pm, the hotel brought out desserts.

We left on Sunday.

I had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the activities!

No comments: