Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The Joy of Discovery

“The NVIV (Next Vista Inspiring Video) series of posts are written by Rushton Hurley and designed to provide students and teachers with fascinating discussion prompts.”

In The Joy of Discovery, Rushton features a man who is learning new things.

Rushton gives the following prompts to accompany this video:

“What makes what the man in the video experiences interesting? Can you bring that to your own learning?”

I loved this video because I love learning. Every year, I have the goal of learning something new. I try to model this with my students and I want them to know that you should keep learning all your life and not just in school. I want my students to see me go through the process of learning and how I struggle to understand and practice my new skills. Some things I continue to do and improve my skills but some things I learn that I don’t like. I compare this to tasting new foods; some you like and some you don’t. Some you still include in your diet and others you stay away from but you would never have known that if you hadn’t tried it.

Please check out the video and think of other prompts you might come up with. Please share.

No comments: