Wednesday, August 10, 2022

One Thursday Afternoon - A Book Review

I recently read One Thursday Afternoon written and illustrated by Barbara DiLorenzo. I read a review copy compliments of Netgalley and I am not being paid to give this review.

It is a great book for young elementary school children! During these difficult times of school shootings and worries about school safety, this story highlights the feelings of a child who had a lockdown drill at school. I think many young children are feeling the same way but don’t know how to verbalize their feelings.

This could be used as a whole class lesson that opens up a class discussion about feelings and school safety. If there is a child who seems withdrawn or worried, this might be a good book to read one-on-one.

It also might be a good book for parents to read with their young children. By sharing this story, children can learn that sharing their feelings with an adult can help them feel better.

I would highly recommend this book to teachers and parents. If you read it, please let me know what you think.

No comments: