Monday, May 3, 2021

2021 Goals Review for April

This month was much better activity-wise. We also did a lot around our house that needed to be done as well as work on rental houses.

Mindfulness (Word of the Year) – I’m currently doing meditation exercises every evening. I also added Square breathing to my daily routine. This is actually helping me fall asleep and not let my mind go wandering.
 
Goals: I worked on some of my goals this month.

1. Lose 5 lbs. –. Rather than focusing on my weight this month, I focused on improving up my stamina and energy levels. I was able to walk 3 miles on the treadmill this month which is a huge improvement. I even incorporated intervals of jogging.
2. Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 4 of the project.) – 46 squares complete. I’ve knit 3 squares this month for a total of 7 squares this year.
3. Knit a sweater. – I completed the Nesting Cardigan and I’ve started on The Rocket Tee.
4. Design 3 new patterns – I published one design (The Chinese New Year Cowl) and I’m working on a new sock design.
5. Read 12 nonfiction books.
    1. Counting by Deborah Stone
    2. My Paddle to the See by John Lane
    3. Late Migrations: A Natural History of Love and Loss by Margaret Renkl
    4. Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak
    5. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
    6. The Last Castle by Denise Kiernan
    7. The Body by Bill Bryson
How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.
 
Photo by S O C I A L . C U T on Unsplash

No comments: