Thursday, July 2, 2020

2020 Goals Review for June

Add caption
June was a much better month! We came back home from Florida. Many things with my parent’s estate was finalized so my stress level went down. We were eating better and getting a lot more exercise. I was able to work on some of my goals too.

 

1.     Lose 5 lbs. Hopefully this year I will be able to meet this goal. – 1.     I was better about my sugar and step count this month but I only lost 1 lb. overall since the beginning of the year.

2020

10,000 Steps +

25g of sugar or less

Jan

48%

54%

Feb

66%

38%

Mar

77%

45%

Apr

70%

47%

May

19%

52%

Jun

73%

63%

 

2.     Crafts – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.

a.     Knit 12 squares on my national park blanket. I have a total of 25 completed already. (There are 60 squares in the pattern and this is year 3 of the project.)

                                                        i.     Completed 6 squares

b.     Charity – I want to crochet at least 3 prayer shawls and make 10 more NICU hats.

                                                        i.     January – prayer shawl completed

                                                      ii.     February – prayer shawl completed

                                                    iii.     June – prayer shawl complete

c.     Knit a sweater.  – Completed the Ground Pepper Sweater

d.     Knit a ZigZag scarf – Completed

e.     Repair the neckline on the Henley sweater I made a few years ago. – I looked at the sweater and realized that to fix the neckline, I would have to rip out both button bands and at this time, I’m not sure I want to do all that work so this goal probably won’t happen. I should receive partial credit for at least looking at it and considering it.

3.     Read 12 nonfiction books that are related to nature. – I’m on track for accomplishing this goal.

a.     The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts 

b.     A Lion Called Christian: The True Story of the Remarkable Bond between Two Friends and a Lion by Anthony Bourke and John Rendall

c.     The Adventures of Henry Thoreau: A Young Man's Unlikely Path to Walden Pond by Michael Sims

d.     The Story of My Boyhood and Youth by John Muir

e.     The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey

f.      The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World by Andrea Wulf

 

How is your progress towards your goals? Please share.

 

Photo by 30daysreplay (PR & Marketing) on Unsplash

 

 

No comments: