Friday, March 27, 2020

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 03/27/2020

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Note: Each resource is labeled with a level and subject area to make it easier to use.

Levels:  E: Elementary; M: Middle; H: High; G: General, all levels; SN: Special Needs; T: Teachers

Subject Areas: LA: Language Arts, English, Reading, Writing; M: Math; S: Science; Health; SS: Social Studies, Current Events; FA: Fine Arts; Music, Art, Drama; FL: Foreign Language; PE: Physical Ed; C: Career; A: All

40 Ways to Make Time for More Creativity in Your Lesson Plans – “That’s why we’ve gathered ideas for incorporating more classroom creativity into your day—and we’ve covered every grade level.” (L:G;SA:A)

10 Creative Writing Prompts to Boost Your Nature Journaling Skills – “For me, nature is a stimulus for creative thought and, as a result, better writing. By the time I am home again and facing my computer, I am usually free from whatever was blocking my flow of ideas … even if I’m not specifically writing about nature. I return more in tune to my surroundings and aware that I am a part of something much larger than myself. Being out in the natural world reminds me of who I am … and that keeps me from trying to be something I’m not. And I think that’s the key to good writing … conveying your thoughts in an authentic voice that’s true to who you really are.” (L:G;SA:LA)

25 Of The Best Resources For Teaching Critical Thinking – “For this post, we’ve gathered various critical thinking resources. As you’ll notice, conversation is a fundamental part of critical thinking, if for no other reason than the ability to identify a line of reasoning, analyze, evaluate, and respond to it accurately and thoughtfully is among the most common opportunities for critical thinking for students in everyday life. Who is saying what? What’s valid and what’s not? How should I respond? This varied and purposely broad collection includes resources for teaching critical thinking, from books and videos to graphics and models, rubrics and taxonomies to presentations and debate communities. Take a look, and let us know in the comments which you found the most–or least–useful.” (L:T;SA:A)

10 Ideas for Excellent Inquiry-Based Learning Webinar - Moderated by Vicki Davis of Cool Cat Teacher, Richard Byrne and Monica Burns discuss 10 excellent ideas for inquiry-based learning! (L:T;SA:A)

Stamp Discovery Education Program – “The Stamp Discovery Education Program at the Postal History Foundation is directed by Lisa Dembowski with assistance from Linda Wynn. Stamp Discovery supports kids, parents, and teachers through several free or nominally-priced services and resources.” (L:E: SA:A)

Original photo by Pat Hensley

No comments: