Thursday, January 11, 2018

My Motivation


“How About You? And you, my friend, you have a race. You have a calling.”

When I retired from teaching in public school, I decided to try blogging and I’ve been doing it ever since. I feel that after teaching for 30 years, I wanted to give something back. I wanted to help the new and struggling teachers in the profession because I had a lot of great experiences. I didn’t want everything that I had done to just fade away into oblivion.

Thanks to my network, I’m able to share my opinion about what others have written about. I feel this opens up a dialogue for meaningful conversations. Maybe people don’t comment on my post but hopefully it gets them thinking about their own perspectives.

Sometimes I share lessons that have been successful in my classroom. I know that many times I have gone looking for ideas and it helps to know if someone has tried them out and how they worked. That is why I share what worked or what didn’t work and how I would have changed things.

Once a week I try to share links to sites that I think would be useful. I know when I was in the classroom, I didn’t have time to hunt for useful sites and then weed out the good from the bad. I have gotten comments from some people that they enjoy this weekly post.

I also like to share about our travels and the things I’ve learned. Learning is an ongoing lifelong process and I want to show that I’m constantly learning. It is my way of being an example for others. When I meet other teachers, I share a link to my blog if they are interested.

I feel that God gave me the opportunity to share my experiences with others and I feel he continues to help me do this. So, ten years later, I’m still blogging.

So, what is your calling or motivation? Please share.



No comments: