Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Those Girls – Book Review

I recently read the book Those Girls by Lauren Saft. This is the review of this book (I am not being paid to give this review).

This book is definitely a book for the high school level. It is about the relationship between three high school girls who are best friends. There relationship seems like a typical teenage relationship that is built on peer pressure, lies, and popularity. They share everything with each other, up to a point. Then there is deceit and backstabbing involved. There is a lot of sexual and drug abuse content throughout the story.

I could not recommend this book because I think it involves too much sex, alcohol and drugs. It isn’t until the end where they have to face a little responsibility about it all but even that isn’t a major consequence. It seems like promiscuity and alcohol and drug abuse is accepted as normal for teenagers and I don’t think this would be good for teens to read. I wouldn’t want them to think it is normal and acceptable and that there are little consequences of this behavior other than losing friendships.


No comments: