Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Extra! Extra!

extrasI was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about what shows/movies they would love to be an extra on and it started me thinking. This would be a great activity for students to do in a variety of ways. Students could write the names of the shows or movies and tell why they chose them. This could be a writing assignment, a poster, a presentation, or a discussion with a classmate to practice social skills or an oral presentation to the class to practice public speaking.

If I could have been an extra on a set, here are the shows and movies that I would have wanted to be on.

TV Shows:

Downton Abbey – I love the time period, the clothes, and the actors. I also think it would be so much fun to walk around a castle that is used for the set.

Blue Bloods – I love Tom Selleck and any show he is in. I think it would be really great to see him act in person and to see what he is like when he isn’t acting. I also would love to visit New York again.

Movies:

Any Harry Potter movie – I just think those were all fun movies and it would be great to be a part of them.

Any Indiana Jones movie – I love the settings where the adventures take place. Of course, I like Harrison Ford too so seeing him in person on and off the set would be delightful!

Gone With The Wind – That was my first introduction to the south and I fell in love with the south. I knew that was going to be my goal when I grew up. I wanted to spend the rest of my life in the genteel south with their soft and loving ways. I loved the dresses the women wore and how the men treated their women. I came to south for college and never looked back!

What TV shows or movies would you like to be an extra on? Please share.

Photo: Extras by Andrew Ferguson

No comments: