· May feature a student(s) with an exceptionality.
· May feature a culturally diverse situation or setting.
Here is what I have drafted so far:
Watch one of the approved movies listed below and submit a paper about the movie answering the following questions:
1. What exceptionality or culturally diverse situation stood out in this movie?
2. What have you learned from watching this movie?
3. What stood out for you in this movie?
4. Is there anything you disagreed with in this movie? What and why?
5. Would you recommend this movie to other classroom teachers? Why or why not?
6. How could watching this movie help you in the classroom (either for yourself or for your students)?
Approved movies (some may be available at the public library or on Netflix):
1. Little Man Tate (1991)
2. Temple Grandin (2010)
3. Dangerous Minds (1995)
4. Stand and Deliver (1998)
5. Blind Side (2009)
6. Radio (2003)
7. Lean on Me (1989)
8. The Mighty (1998)
9. Finding Nemo (2003)
10. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
If you have any suggestions of questions I could ask about the movie or a suggestion of any good movies to add to the list, I would love to see them.
Image: 'Sprocket loves some film...'
Found on flickrcc.net