Monday, September 10, 2012

Almost True - A Book Review

Almost TrueI recently read the book Almost True by Keren David. This book was sent to me because I had written a review on an earlier book, When I was Joe (the first book in the series). This is the review that I gave the book (I am not being paid to give this review).

Almost True was the 2nd book in this series. This was an awesome book and I could not put it down! It continues the story of Ty (or Joe), a teenager who had witnessed a murder and was in the witness protection program. The story starts off with a murder and is filled with excitement throughout the book. The author does a wonderful job with character development and it is easy to get caught up in the story. I wanted to know more and was sorry when the story was finished.
It is set in London but I believe teenagers from anywhere could relate to the themes that run throughout this book. I also think girls and boys alike would enjoy this book. This book deals with topics such as gangs, death, relationships (peer and family), confusion, frustration, need to feel accepted, telling the truth, and facing the consequences of our actions. I think this book would lead to wonderful classroom discussions and would highly recommend it for a high school library.

No comments: