Friday, June 24, 2011

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom 6/24/11

tools2Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!
Stencyl – make flash games for free; download required; I haven’t tried this but I’m betting there are some students out there that would enjoy exploring this to make their own games. It doesn’t require coding skills and involves a drag and drop method.
Healthline Body Mapsis an interactive visual search tool that allows users to explore the human body in 3-D. With easy-to-use navigation, users can search multiple layers of the human anatomy, view systems and organs down to their smallest parts, and understand in detail how the human body works.”
Grain Chain – “Find out how grains are grown and harvested, what happens to them before they reach your plate, and why they're so good for you! Investigate healthy eating and meal planning, or go behind the scenes of the flour, grain and baking industry.”
Succeeding with Science – Science resources organized by age for teachers; “These resources are produced for teachers by teachers. As teaching aids, they are designed to fit precisely into the curriculum and are produced to high standards of innovation and good practice.”
Cloud Canvas – “CloudCanvas enables creative people to make digital art, design and other rich media right in the web browser. No plugins are required.”
Posted on the Successful Teaching Blog by loonyhiker (successfulteaching at gmail dot com).
Original Image: Pat Hensley

1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I like these! I have a Favorites file on my computer full of sites that will be helpful when I'm teaching and think I will be adding some of these to it!