1. Every day take time to write three things you are thankful for. This can be an ongoing list or can be posted on strips of paper and posted around the room.
2. Make a turkey out of autumn leaves.
3. Make a turkey and post it on the bulletin board. Students can use feathers to post things like: things they are thankful for, or facts about Thanksgiving, or even the steps to cooking a turkey
4. Turkey Treat Holder – decorating a small terracotta pot
5. A Pilgrim’s Conversation: using quotation marks; grades 3-5
6. The History of Thanksgiving – from the History Channel
7. The First Thanksgiving – From Scholastic
8. Thanksgiving Theme Unit – from Edhelper.com
I hope this gives you some ideas so you can plan. Many times I was looking for fun educational things to do the two or three days we had school before Thanksgiving holidays. I hope some of these activities are successful in your classroom.
Original image: 'Leaf turkey'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35468149768@N01/304316401 by: Jennifer 13