Friday, June 5, 2009

Useful Information In and Out of the Classroom

Here are some interesting sites that I’ve found this week, thanks to my PLN. As a teacher, I feel we have to keep up to date concerning research in our field and current issues in the education system. I hope some of these inspire you, inform you, and even have you asking questions. Thank you for coming by and visiting!

Project Spectrum Manual of Ideas for Teachers and ParentsProject spectrum was created to give people with autism the opportunity to express their creativity and develop a life skill using Google SketchUp 3D modeling software.

Math Arcade – fun math games for grades 1-8

Curriki – “an online environment created to support the development and free distribution of world-class educational materials to anyone who needs them. Our name is a play on the combination of 'curriculum' and 'wiki' which is the technology we're using to make education universally accessible.”

Funnel Brain – “is an academic question and answer site that provides an environment for collaborative online learning. Students work in teams to create review questions and answers, paired with video explanations, for academic subjects. Users have access to wiki-style content creation tools, as well as a learning management application known as the "Funnel" that tracks and monitors learning progress and focuses the student's attention on a particular question at a particular time with a spaced repetition algorithm.”

Novel Games – games for the whole family

5 comments:

ariadna said...

hi, how are you please let me congratulate you beacause your excellent blogs, I'd love to have it on my education relatives blogs , I'm sure it would be of great interest to my visitors!. If you can, please contact me to ariadna143@gmail.com

regards
Ariadna

Stephanie 205 said...

I checked out a few of the sites you posted and they seem like great sources to incorporate into the classroom! I really liked Funnel Brain and the Math Arcade. Have you used any of these sites in the classroom and if so how did they go over with the students?

Meaghan said...

Thanks for the post and helpful sites!

loonyhiker said...

@Meaghan I'm so glad that you found them useful.

loonyhiker said...

@Stephanie205 Glad you liked them. Some of the sites I have used in the classroom and some I would like to use in the classroom. I think my students would enjoy them and learn from them.