Friday, July 25, 2008

Tagged by Clix for Friday Five

Clix at Epic Adventures are Often Uncomfortable tagged me for this and I thought I would share my answers.

When you go to the beach, lake, or pool, are you more likely to lower yourself gradually into cold water or to take a determined plunge and get it over with? We usually play in the rivers during the summer when we go hiking. I usually wade slowly in up to my waist and then I can’t stand the suspense anymore and plunge in up to my neck.

How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other tasks or ordeals? I hate suspense in movies, in life, and I guess in water! I hate when the principal asks you to come down to his/her office during your free time because he/she wants to talk to you. I would rather they say “about…(whatever they want to talk to you about)” so I wouldn’t worry about it so much. I can’t help myself even if I know I didn’t do anything wrong.

When someone gives you flowers, are you more likely to let them turn completely brown and gross before throwing them out, or to discard them the moment they take on that sick-flower look? I hate to get rid of them and admit to keeping them for way after they are brown and gross. Just looking at them even when they are dead brings back memories of the occasion, the person who sent them, or just an overall good feeling that I don’t want to end.

How is this like (or unlike) your approach to other gifts, purchases, or relationships? I tend to collect things and hate to get rid of anything. I have “stuff” from former students, former colleagues, former schools, former neighbors, etc. You get the picture. We have an attic full of stuff, a shed full of stuff, and even had to rent a storage building somewhere to hold even more stuff.

Think of your favorite movie (or a movie you really like, if you can’t think of a favorite). Some people say that the reasons you love your favorite movie are related to what you value in romantic relationships. How is this true or untrue in your case? I love the movie “To Kill a Mockingbird” so I guess it does relate to what I value. I feel honesty and standing up for what you think is right, standing up for the underdog are so important in relationships. I broke up with someone I was dating in college because he thought I should just keep quiet about anything I disagreed with. He also hated whenever I found a lost child in the store or skating rink and wouldn’t rest until I found it’s mom or dad. That ended that relationship rather quickly. My hubby is just like me and can’t resist helping someone in need which I find extremely caring and loving. We both believe in honesty and standing up to something if we are right (expect when we argue - then I should be right all the time!LOL).

1 comment:

Clix said...

BOY do I hate when admins do that! I also have a naughty habit of reading the end of a book first if I'm not sure I'll like it. ;D