1. Staying up past midnight to finish paperwork.
2. Required attendance at extracurricular activities like athletic games and the prom.
3. You will need to wipe noses, clean vomit, and/or hear the grossest stories you have ever heard.
4. You need to know where the janitor’s storage is for toilet paper and paper towels.
5. Keep your own broom and dustpan in your room.
6. You will have the sickest sense of humor about education.
7. If your house catches on fire, you will grab your gradebook and laptop as the most important items in your life.
8. You will get emotionally involved in your students’ lives no matter how much you try not to.
9. Students cannot use one tissue at a time. They will grab a handful because they don’t want to touch their own nose.
10. Be specific with students. If you say they can use the restroom, give them a time limit or they will be gone forever and you think they used the restroom in another state!
What have you learned about teaching that they didn't teach you in college?